Concerts, sessions, festivals and television: Ramon Yslas is one of modern music’s most accomplished percussionists. From his world tours with platinum artists including David Sanborn,Paul Stanley, Jennifer Lopez,Christina Aguilera, Colbie Caillat and Patti Labelle.. network appearances with Stevie Nicks, Martina McBride, Carlos Santana on The Grammy Awards, The Voice, The Emmys, George Lopez:Lopez Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Oprah, American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, David Letterman and VH-1 Storytellers, Yslas is distinguished by his intuitive musicality and consummate professionalism.
- Stevie Nicks
- David Sanborn
- The Voice
- Marcus Miller
- Aretha Franklin
- The Emmys (house band)
- CBS special “A Home for the Holidays”
- Christina Aguilera
- George Lopez “Lopez Tonight” (house band)
- Sergio Mendes
- Paul Stanley
- Carlos Santana
- Pepe Aguilar
- Stevie Wonder
- Lamont Dozier
- Heather Headley
- Jonathan Butler
- Peter White
- Luz Casal
- Willie Nelson
- Patti Labelle
- Colbie Caillat
- Chris Isaak
- Juan Gabriel
- Jessica Simpson
- Paulina Rubio
- Chris Botti
- Joan Sebastian
- Backstreet Boys
- Strunz and Farah
- Idina Menzel
- American Idol sessions
- Alejandro Fernandez
- Cristian Castro
Follow me for the latest info:
Facebook: Ramon Yslas
Performing and/or recording with an astonishing spectrum of signature vocalists – from Christina Aguilera to Willie Nelson, Stevie Wonder to Stevie Nicks, Pepe Aguilar to Aretha Franklin–Yslas maintains an orchestral approach to building a percussive arrangement by treating each song as a story…..
-Production, sound design and composer for video game “Ally and Conquer” (by the creators of Call of Duty).
- sessions at my studio for many different artists throughout the world.
DVD concert /PBS with Australia’s “Human Nature” in Las Vegas
Stevie Nicks on Ellen ( click for video )
check out my band ‘Sinverguenza’ ( all star lineup ! )
Lopez Tonight: (click on page 3 to see performances with: Santana, Sergio Mendes )
way back: Christina Aguilera w/Nelly at the MTV movie awards ( dig the conga groove! ) hussle!!
I was on the jazz cruise 2011, and had the honor playing and hanging with Marcus Miller,George Duke,David Sanborn,Brian Simpson, Boney James and many others. It was a blast !!
- very proud to announce , ” The Comet”has included me as a staff writer. I am very honored to be a part of “the comet” ( click away and get the scope! ), my first story was on Mohombi, a new artist produced by RedOne.
On George Lopez Show , ( Feb 2011 – May 2011 ) I got to Perform with: Prince, Sergio Mendes, Nick Carter, B.Real, Fat Joe, Ron Artest,Carlos Santana and many, many others.. we had a great time, thank you George !! mas poot !!
- “A Home for the Holidays” (CBS ), honored to play with: Melissa Etheridge, Ricky Martin, Jimmy Wayne, and Nelly.
- Latin Grammys with Spanish artist ‘Rosario” ( with an amazing All Star band led by Che Che Alara).
- sessions with Juan Gabriel
- Christina Aguilera on the AMA’s
Ramon developed his supportive instincts in the burgeoning Latin music community of Los Angeles, and he has worked with are superstars like Juan Gabriel, Luz Casal, Pepe Aguilar, Joan Sebastian and Alejandro Fernandez. Endorsements include the leading manufacturering percussion companies Toca percussion, Sabian Cymbals, Evans Drumheads, Promark Drumsticks and DW Hardware. A member of NARAS, LARAS, BMI and the AIMP, Yslas’ connections in the music industry run deep. As a husband and father of two, he is a devoted family man; as an educator at PCC, and recently, UCLA, he relates real life experiences to an upcoming generation of musicians. And, of course as a first-call player, he anticipates adding the next slate of artists to a phenomenal résumé……
….not too far back, I was out doing a radio promotional run with Interscope artist “Mohombi”, now back to teaching, writing, sessions and some local gigs. Check out the list of performances to your right… Here’s a sample of the Mohombi run: Mohombi ( click on the name)
Here’s a little sample of VH1 Storytellers w/Christina Aguilera we did recently..
- Christina Aguilera, on Oprah in NYC @ Radio City Music
- Colbie Caillat ,on Jay Leno ( los angeles )
- Temecula Jazz Festival
- If you’re looking for great percussion tracks for your songs,look no further. I can record on your next project from my studio. just contact me ( email add is to your right ) for prices and package deal. I will be having a discounted session price this month. I’m cool like that, cool like dat. Did I forget to mention that the turn around is quick, and quality is excellent !
recent shows: my band “sinverguenza” at cafe cordiale
Java Jazz Festival in Jakarta, Indonesia March 3-8
- My cd “radio” is available on itunes
you can be the first to review it! click here to listen.
- AND, zocaloZue CD is available ! Click here to check it out..I co-produced, wrote, and performed with this amazing group of musicians: Alex, Juan and Cesar.. I hope you guys like it.
- -sinverguenza music is a production group who are also pretty damn good musicians. Please visit the site ( by clicking above) for more information…
Currently teaching at Pasadena City College:
- Music Business
‘Ramon has performed on Grammy award winning recordings,grammy nominated recordings, has been nominated best percussionist of the year,recorded on many No.1 songs,five top ten albums,and currently producing ‘zocalozue’( from Mexico),also teaching, AND is available to record on your tracks!’ -drum magazine,London if you look carefully( on the Mexico peformance),you will notice a small trashcan next to me..I had food poisoning, and was sick every 5 minutes..the show must go on!! ———————————————————
a few recording sessions I played on:
- Marcus Miller ‘Renaissance.
- Pepe Aguilar ( mexico )
- Luz Casal (spain)
- Christina Aguilera’s Grammy Award winning song : “ain’t no other man “
proud member of :
Need percussion for your tracks or some production work? Contact me via email or Facebook ( Ramon Yslas ) and we can discuss. I have a full Protools studio with great sound! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org